Monday, January 12, 2015

Raven # 2 (illustrated by Lukas Ketner)

Prior to The Kindly Ones entering The Dreaming, the Ravens, typically solitary birds, feel the call and take flight from the House build of dead rock and bones, built on the heath where a cold wind blows. They leave the house on the heath and begin flocking to The Dreaming, awaiting war.

This Raven appears in Sandman # 63 Page 21, Panel 4.

This is easily one of my favorite portraits from Lukas. If he decided to release an entire comic (or series) about ravens I’d buy it in a heartbeat because it would be over the top gorgeous!!! The details on this character are outstanding. I love the beak. The line work and structure of the bones around the beak are just perfect. If I didn’t know better I would say that Lukas probably has a pet raven in his studio who models for him when the need arises. This is truly one of my favorite portraits from Lukas.

No comments:

Post a Comment