Friday, January 23, 2015

Mechanical Woman # 2 (illustrated by Anna Hybsier)

In Baghdad, in the time of Haroun al Raschid, there were many wonders and splendors. There were enchanters, poets and musicians. There were animals that could speak like men, men with the heads of animals and mechanical wonders that imitated life.

This is one of the Mechanical Women that exist in Baghdad during the reign of Haroun al Raschid.

She can be seen in Sandman # 50, on page 4, in panel 6.

I love this portrait from Anna. She did a fantastic job with this character. I love the blues used, giving this mechanical wonder a feeling that she is created out of a silvery chrome metal. Also, I love the character’s eyes. The eye lashes are absolutely perfect. This portrait definitely gives a sense that this character is not human and I think this is one of my favorite portraits Anna has done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment