Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Man Who Sought Advice From The Onmyoji # 2 (illustrated by Anna Hybsier)

The Onmyoji was a rich and powerful man in Kyoto. He was a high official in the Board of Divination and many people sought him out for advice and favors.

This man is one of the people who sought advice from him.

He appears in P. Craig Russell’s version of The Dream Hunters in issue # 2, on page 3, in panel 6.

I absolutely love this portrait from Anna. In the published comic this character is a human shaped outline, but Anna took this character and gave him a personality and a life of his own. He feels like he easily fits within this story and within the Sandman universe. I love details about this character, the lines of his face, his white beard and hair. I like the expression on his face. I like the pattern on his clothing. This is just a fantastic portrait and one of my favorites from Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment