Saturday, May 17, 2014

Demon # 192 (illustrated by John Carmine)

Today I would like to welcome John Carmine to the Sandman Portraits Blog team!

I discovered John's work on ebay and then did a search and found more of his work on deviantart and really liked his worked and asked him if he'd be interested in joining the project. So far he's done a handful of them and I am confident there will be many more in the future!!!

We are going to start off his Portraits blog debut with a Demon from Preludes and Nocturnes!

This demon is one of the many demons that have gathered in Hell while Lucifer and Dream discuss his missing helmet.

This demon appears in Sandman # 4 on page 12 is the lower middle part of the page.

John did an amazing job with this portrait. I love the creepiness of this character . He did a great job capturing the mischievousness of this particular demon. I always felt, based on the published comic, that these demons were trouble makers and I think that John was able to bring that across with his portrait. I also have to say, the details on this portrait are fantastic and the black splatters along the edges are a great touch as well. I really like this portrait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment