Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bird # 1 (illustrated by Max Rugers)

When Nada fails to discover the identity of the mysterious stranger who was standing below her window, she enlists in the help of The King Of Birds to discover who this man is.

This is one of the birds searching for the stranger.

This bird appears in Sandman # 9 on page 8 in panel 4.

I am not familiar with bird species, particularly African birds and so I am unsure what type of bird appears in the published comic.

I really like this portrait from Max. He took the bird and really added details and texture to the character. The line work on the body and head is exceptional. I like that the bird looks like it actually has feathers. Also, Max’s approach resembles an African bird and I really appreciate his attention to details.

No comments:

Post a Comment