Sunday, December 23, 2012

On the 2nd Day of Christmas...

I’ve known Emonic for several years. I think I first saw his work for the Sandman 20th Anniversary show in Los Angeles in 2008. He had drawn Despair and it completely blew me away. A few months later I had the opportunity to meet him at the Stumptown Comics Festival. I think I’ve seen him just about every year since the first time I met him and I try to buy art from him whenever I can. He is one of the nicest people in the comic industry and incredibly talented and I am very happy that he agreed to join the Sandman Portraits project.

Emonic (also sometimes called Emo Gonzales) has been creating art since he was a child. As a youth he was heavily influenced by skateboarding, comic books, music, movies and graphic design. He is a self-taught artist, however he does hold an A.S. degree in Multi-Media.

Emo has begun to receive recognition through his various freelance work for local musicians and other businesses in the bay area. His work has appeared in many gallery shows (most recently The Fresh Produce show for Gallery Anno Domini in San Jose) and he is currently working on a book that will hopefully be announced soon.

Check out more of his work on his blog http://emonicart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment