Friday, December 14, 2012

On the 11th Day Of Christmas....

I had heard of Ibrahim Moustafa before I had met him. A few people told me that I should check out his work and that he was a pretty awesome guy. I would hear his name pop up in various places. Once I heard him mentioned on a podcast I listen to regularly. I saw his name on fliers for in-store signings at various local comic shops. For me, he was sort of an enigma and I wanted to meet him. Thankfully I met Ibrahim earlier this year at the Rose City Comic Convention. Everyone was right. He is a pretty awesome guy.

Ibrahim is a self taught sequential artist from Portland, Oregon. His contributions to such charities as “Wonder Woman Day”, “Full of Pryde”, and “The Marla Bea Benefit” gained him recognition in the original comic art collectors scene, and in 2009 his first published work launched the inaugural titles “Citizens” and “Faction” for Carpet Bomb Comics.

Recently, he penciled and inked a series for IDW, "The Pound Vol. 2: Ghouls Night Out", which released in September of 2012.

In January 2013, he will be releasing "High Crimes" along with writer Chris Sebela (Captain Marvel, Screamland), a crime thriller from MonkeyBrain Comics.

You can find more of his art on his website: http://theartofibrahimmoustafa.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment