Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the 12th Day of Christmas....

Beginning today, for the next 12 days, I will be introducing you to some new artists working on the Sandman Portraits project.

I can't wait to show you the portraits they've drawn.

Today, I would like to introduce Anna Hybsier!!!

Anna is one of three artists working on the Sandman Portraits blog that I have not met in person…and it’s a shame since I very much like her art.

I purchased my first piece of her art in 2004 and whenever the opportunity arises I always try to buy more. She is an absolutely fantastic artist and I am excited to share her Sandman portraits with you.

Anna Hybsier was born in 1981 in Germany, but spent most of her life in Asia. Since she was young, she had a strong interest in art, but at the age of 12, she read her first superhero comic and, since that day, it was clear that Anna would pursue a career in art and her fondness for comics would continue to grow.

She studied illustration and graduated from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

Since then she has worked in comics, animation and advertising and has donated art to several charities including the CBLDF.

Anna now lives in Germany where she works as a freelance illustrator. She is currently working on a webcomic called Temudjin: The Real Story Of Genghis Khan, which will be available on her site www.ahybsier.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment