Saturday, December 15, 2012

On the 10th Day Of Christmas....

It’s my wife’s fault that I met Lars Brown. In 2008 we were attending the Stumptown Comic Festival and my wife was checking out artists that she liked and asked them to draw sketches in her Smurf themed sketchbook. Lars was one of the artists who drew a Smurf for her. Earlier this year I was at another local convention and Lars was there. I liked the Smurf he drew for my wife and so I asked if he’s be interested in doing a Sandman commission. He asked if he could draw Fiddler’s Green. It was after seeing his painting that I knew he would be a perfect artist for the Sandman Portraits.

Lars graduated from the University of Idaho in 2006 after spending four months in Japan teaching history on a naval base. Shortly after returning he started writing and illustrating North World. Currently there are three North World graphic novels available from Oni Press. He has also been published in various anthologies including Popgun (from Image Comics) and Lava Punch. 



He is interested in the writings of GK Chesterton, Alexander Dumas, Western philosophy, apologetics and SNES Squaresoft RPGs. If you see him at a con he might have a harmonica on hand.

Check out his site for more of his art http://www.larsbrown.com/ or his Tumblr: http://larsbrown.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment