Friday, April 18, 2014

Guy Gardner (illustrated by Lars Brown)

Guy Gardner is one of a handful of DC Universe characters to appear in Sandman and, I’ll admit, I am not very familiar with this character.

I know that Guy Gardner is a member of the Green Lantern Corps and of The Justice League.

Within the Sandman Universe, Guy Gardner did not play a significant role. He appeared in one issue and in one panel while Dream is speaking with the Hecateae trying to determine the location of his stolen tools of office.

He appears as a vision in Sandman # 2 on page 23 in panel 5.

When deciding who should draw Guy Gardner, Lars was the obvious choice. Guy Gardner has a specific disposition that I thought Lars would capture…and he did. This is a great portrait and I love what Lars did with his hair…

No comments:

Post a Comment