Friday, December 25, 2015

Roman Citizen # 138 (illustrated by Mike DeCarlo)

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all the Sandman Portraits Blog readers!!!!

Today I wanted to do something special and something I've never done before....as a treat for you. I decided that over the next 13 hours I will be posting a new portrait about every hour-ish.

I hope you enjoy them and let me know if this is something you'd like me to do again periodically.

Augustus Caesar and the dwarf Lycius spend the day sitting on some steps near the marketplace dressed as beggars. As citizens pass they discuss politics, power and personal legacy.

This citizen is spending the afternoon in the Roman market near the steps where Caesar and Lycius are sitting.

He appears in one of the panels that contains a large number of other Roman citizens, which is visually amazing, but incredibly crowded with Roman Citizens.

This panel is in Sandman # 30, page 13, and is panel 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment