Friday, December 25, 2015

Frederick’s Dream Girl # 5 (illustrated by Lukas Ketner)

To ensure that the King Of Dreams never escapes his glass prison, Alex Burgess keeps several guards on duty at all times. They are not permitted to sleep.

Frederick, one of Burgess’ guards, does drifts off to sleep one evening while on guard duty.

He dreams of a warm sunny beach where a group of beautiful women are playing volleyball in the sand. This is one of Frederick’s dream girls.

She appears in Sandman # 1 on page 27, in panel 7.

I imagine that Lukas is rarely asked to draw beautiful women in bikinis playing volleyball and so I absolutely wanted him to draw one of these dream girls. He did a fantastic job. I love her expression! The sunglasses hide her eyes, but this works well giving the character a bit of mystery, which is completely appropriate for a dream girl. I only wish there were more dream girls I could ask Lukas to draw…

No comments:

Post a Comment