Saturday, October 31, 2015

Dead Man # 45 (illustrated by Jeremy Haun)

When Orpheus journeys to the Underworld to rescue Eurydice he encounters a large gathering of the dead at the thrones of Lord Hades and Queen Persephone.

He passes through them in order to stand before their thrones.

To plead the rulers of the Underworld to release his deceased wife, Orpheus sang a song about love and loss.

This Dead Man is one of the many dead men who heard Orpheus' song.

He appears in The Song Of Orpheus from The Sandman Special # 1 on page 33, in panel 1.

This portrait from Jeremy is haunting. I never dream about art and yet after Jeremy gave me this portrait I had nightmares. I remember nothing of the dream except that I kept seeing this portrait. I think the starkness of this character and the grays and emancipated look of the body gives the character a frightening appearance, one that clearly induces nightmares…in me, at least.

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment