Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cat # 24 (illustrated by Carl Sciacchitano)

This morning I would like to welcome Carl Sciacchitano to the Sandman Portraits team!!!

I met Carl last year at the Rose City Comic Con in Portland and was very happy when he agreed to do some Sandman portraits.

Carl has worked on some great comics including The Army Of Dr. Moreau and you can find more of his work on his site

His first portrait for the Sandman Universe is one of the many cats from Dream Of A Thousand Cats... One evening, a group of cats meet in a cemetery to listen to the tale of a wise storyteller cat who recounts here visit with the King Of Dreams.

This is one of the cats that listens to the storyteller cat’s tale.

He appears in Sandman # 18, on page 4.

I love this portrait from Carl. I really like the perspective of the cat to us, the viewer. It’s an interesting perspective and one that anyone can easily relate to if they have a pet. I really like the cat’s expression and the look in her eyes.

This is a fantastic portrait and I’m excited to share more of Carl’s work with other Sandman characters. Welcome to the Sandman Portraits Blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment