Friday, July 17, 2015

Citizen Of Baghdad # 24 (illustrated by Nicole Ingram)

Today I would like to welcome Nicole Ingram to the Sandman Portraits team.

I first encountered her art on ebay, of all places. She was selling a sketch card and I was really taken with it and was fortunate enough to win it. I then commissioned her to do a series of sketch cards for me. Once I received those, I decided that she would be perfect for the Sandman Portraits.

You can find Nicole’s work on her deviantArt page or her Facebook page.

The first character from Nicole is Citizen Of Baghdad # 24…

During the time of Haroun al Raschid, Baghdad was a city of splendor.

Occassionally al Raschid and his trusted advisor Jafar and his executioner Masrur would walk through the marketplace sampling the foods and taking in the sights.

This man was one of the people in the marketplace.

She appears in Sandman # 50, on page 7, in panel 1.

Nicole did a great job with this portrait. Not only did he give this character a very distinctive personality and added very unique and cool details to his outfit, but she also brought life to his surroundings. I love that she captured the marketplace in the background.

Here is Citizen Of Baghdad # 24…

No comments:

Post a Comment