Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bondage Boy # 9 (illustrated by Max Rugers)

In Brief Lives, Delirium wanders into a bondage club. The club is filled with people dancing, drinking and being seen. Delirum’s stands out a little bit, probably because she is not dressed quite as extreme as some of the others.

When Delirium breaks down, Desire comes to her aid. This man is standing in the background as Desire enters the club.

He appears in Sandman # 41 on page 11 in panel 5.

Max took a visually interesting approach to this character. In the published comic, for a long time, I thought this man was actually a woman because he was so feminine, and, admittedly, because he had long hair. It wasn’t until I noticed that he had chest hair that I realized he was a man. Max, however, made this character very male. There is no mistaking his gender in this portrait. He reminds me of someone you might see at a heavy metal concert. I really like the addition of the chains in the background and I really like how Max drew the links. My eye is drawn to them naturally.

Here is Bondage Boy # 9…

No comments:

Post a Comment