Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Serial Killer # 26 (illustrated by Max Rugers)

In “Collectors”, a host of serial killers descend upon a quiet hotel for the Cereal Convention, which is a convention for people who take pleasure in killing others.

This serial killer is one of many seen going to the hotel for the convention.

He appears in Sandman # 14, on page 1 in panel 2.

I really like this portrait from Max. When I offered this character to him I wasn’t sure how he would approach it. This character in the published comic sort of resembles V (from V For Vendetta) and I thought that Max might go that route. I am glad I was wrong because what Max did is so much better!

Max took this character who is hidden in the shadows and kept him hidden in the shadows, but was able to add to his personality. This character is frightening. I love the perspective and how he is looking down. This creates a really eerie image. I also really like the colors Max used. The character is hidden in the shadows, but the background has a lot of reds and since this character is a vicious killer it definitely adds some horror to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment