Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Strip Club Patron # 11 (illustrated by Anna Hybsier)

In Brief Lives, Dream and Delirium travel the waking world in hopes of finding their missing brother, Destruction. Their travels lead them to a strip club called Suffragette City, where the goddess Ishtar dances.

This man is one of the people who is at Suffragette City watching Ishtar, Tiffany and the other dancers perform.

He appears in Sandman # 45 page 21 in panel 1.

I love this portrait from Anna. She managed to successfully capture one of several typical strip club patrons (at least in my mind). I love his facial expression. I can imaging him sitting at the bar watching the women dance. I like his somewhat shaggy hair and facial hair. This is a fantastic portrait of a character that is nothing more than a silhouette in the published comic.

1 comment: