Saturday, June 28, 2014

Demon # 224 (illustrated Max Rugers)

In Preludes and Nocturnes, Morpheus travels to Hell to recover his stolen helmet.

The horde of demons have gathered before Lucifer and the King Of Dreams and this demon is one of the many demons within the crowd.

This demon appears in Sandman # 4, on page 14 in panel 4.

When trying to identify all of the demons, this demon sort of looked like a penis-head demon (which is surprisingly common in this issue). Max took a different approach and it is WAY cooler than my interpretation of the character. This demon looks a little aquatic and I love the spine notches that Max added. This is a fantastic portrait and easily one of my favorites from Max.

Max also did a little drawing on the back, an early concept, I suppose. I thought it was worth including here because it shows an interesting approach to the initial design of the character.

Here is Demon # 224...

No comments:

Post a Comment