Friday, February 15, 2013

Serial Killer # 27 (illustrated by Max Rugers)

This man is one of many serial killers who attended the Cereal Convention that Rose Walker and Gilbert accidentally stumble into.

This killer appears in Sandman # 14 on page 2, panel 1. He is standing near the counter, next to a serial killer who looks like a mall security guard.

Max drew this serial killer. There are a lot of things I love about this portrait. First, and I don’t think you can tell this from the scan, this portrait is made up of tiny pieces of paper torn and glued down giving the portrait a fractured look (in person). I really like that effect, especially for this character. Secondly, I really like how there are splotches of read on the sides. To me that gives the portrait the sense that there is blood involved and that is particularly relevant for a serial killer.

Here is Serial Killer # 27…

No comments:

Post a Comment