Monday, September 12, 2011

Comic Shop Guy

This comic shop guy appears in the final chapter of A Game Of You, which is one of my favorite storylines from the series (of course, depending on the day of the week I could say that about pretty much all the storylines).

Barbie goes into a comic shop to buy a copy of Hyperman as a farewell gift for her friend Wanda. The comic shop guy was, in her words, a "big greasy guy." He was extremely unhelpful and made some comment about not seeing breasts as small as hers in a comic shop, referring to the fact that most women in comics have oversized breasts (check out Power Girl, as an example).

I can honestly say that I have never been a comic shop that has had an employee and rude and disgusting as this particular comic shop guy. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but I have been fortunate to have never encountered one.


No comments:

Post a Comment