Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Erasmus Fry

When I re-read Sandman earlier this year I made a discovery that I had never thought about during my previous readings (and there were many) of the series. Sandman is full really creepy people. Sure, there are sweet and lovable characters as well, but there is something about the creepy characters that really stick with you. I recently joked with Scott saying that he has probably never drawn this many creepy people for a single project before.

Erasmus Fry is one of those creepy people. While I also find him a little sympathetic at the end of Calliope I still feel that he's ultimately a pretty creepy guy. He probably lives in the house that kids avoid on Halloween.

Scott did an excellent job with this drawing. I think he captured the character perfectly...a grumpy, somewhat creepy man that, even as adults, we'd probably try to avoid on Halloween.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment